Back End Developer, Scala Engineer
As one of our core back end engineers, you will be responsible for implementing a cutting edge, high performance, backend system using technologies such as Scala, Akka, Couch, MySQL, etc. You will be an end-2-end contributor, owning everything from feature definition, through implementation, and post-deployment. We focus on using modern day/future best practices with weekly development cycles, 100% automated testing, continuous development, data-driven decision making, open-source contribution, and a fast-fail approach to success. You will be expected to not only contribute to our success, but also to our culture and the technology community as a whole.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement core features, with a focus on our backend core technology stack
- Get Stuff Done – constantly be executing, making incremental progress towards shared goals, day over day
- Be a Scala enthusiast, promoting the benefits of the language to others in the Boston area.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Awareness of Scala and functional programming
- Demonstrable experience of practical programming in a modern day language such as Java
- Proactive, driven, and looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Ability to learn quickly and display solid logic/engineering thinking
Qualities of an Aquto Employee:
- Top performer - exceed expectations in goals you have set for yourself
- Accountable - follow through with your commitments and ownership
- Creative - think of new ways accomplish a task and challenge convention
- Fun - bring humor to the organization
- Hard worker - we have a lot left to accomplish. It will be a challenge.
- Mentally malleable - you will constantly be learning new technologies, new concepts, and new businesses. The ability to quickly learn and adapt is a must.
Location: Boston, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Contact email@example.com if interested. Be sure to send along Stackoverflow and Github account information if you happen to have them.